Friday, March 18, 2011

Reason to Celebrate

When I originally filed my divorce papers I was told by the Clerk that it would only take a few weeks from the time my soon-to-be-ex and I completed the mandatory Divorce and Parenting classes. A week or so ago I took in the certificates we received at the class to the court house and was told there is a un-waivable (possibly my own made up word) 90-day waiting period before my divorce could be finalized! WHAT?! I was really upset, I am ready to be done and move on with my life at this point, you're telling me I have to married to him for 2 more months? It's been a week and I've mellowed out on my frustration, just trying to make the best of it. Then today, while listening to my favorite local morning radio show, I hear a Family Law-man say there is a 90-day waiting period if you DO NOT have kids and NO waiting period if you DO have kids. Again, WHAT?! So I called the Judge who is over my case and asked his clerk if I have to wait or not. She happily informs me, THERE IS NO WAITING PERIOD!! She told me she would look over my case, give it to the Judge and asked me to call her back in a few days. I hung up the phone and let out a loud celebratory yell! It looks like I will be a free woman much sooner then I expected last week. All I have to say is a heartfelt, thanks you God. You are good!

No comments:

Post a Comment